Introducing Muse: the brain sensing headband to elevate your meditation experience. It gently guides your meditation through changing sounds of weather based on the real-time state of your brain. This allows you to obtain a deeper sense of focus and motivates you to build a highly rewarding practice. Meditation has been scientifically shown to reduce symptoms associated with stress, depression and anxiety as well as improve focus, performance and quality of life.
Your brain is constantly generating electrical signals when you’re thinking, sleeping or even relaxing. These signals can be detected from outside your head, using a technology called Electroencephalogy (EEG). This is the same brain sensing technology that doctors and scientists have employed for more than a century to detect your brain signals, similar to how a heart monitor measures your pulse.
The Muse headband has 7 finely calibrated sensors – 2 on the forehead, 2 behind the ears and 3 reference sensors – which detect and measure the activity of your brain.
The five bands are:
1. Delta waves which are most present during deep sleep.
2. Theta waves which are associated with drowsiness, light sleep, and visualization.
3. Alpha waves which occur during wakeful relaxation.
4. Beta waves which occur when alert, actively thinking or problem-solving.
5. Gamma waves which occur when involved in higher mental activity and consolidation of information.